Sunday, October 9, 2011

Making Progress

Hello all! It's been awhile... as you've probably noticed, the blog posts are certainly less frequent lately. I try to get to them as much as I can, but it's not generally the first thing on my to-do list.

Regardless, I'm back to give an update in regards to one of my older posts, The Journey to Find Firenze's Voice. Last night, after spending most of the day writing my 5 page art history paper, I figured it would be a good time to go out and take pictures. After all, it's a great way to temporarily escape from all of the life's little troubles and stress. Rather than shooting tourist type photos, I wanted to continue my search to find the "voice", via my photos of course. I can honestly say that I do feel as if I've certainly taken a step in the right direction. My photos definitely convey the message that I've been wanting to, at least some do (which I'll point out).

On a whim, I bugged my friend Danielle to go on a photo-walk with me through town. I wasn't sure what exactly I wanted to shoot, but I just knew that I was sticking with one lens (my 85mm, for those photogs out there who might be reading this) and one goal; to capture more of the nightlife rather than the conventional beauty.  To start with, here's one shot of Danielle in an intense photo moment. Following it are just a few of my favorite shots from the night.





And here's something a bit different... a "self-portrait". It's not often a picture of me will pop up in any of my photostreams....


It was really great to go out and shoot. I feel terribly neglecting photography as much as I have been, but I've had other things to be doing in the meantime, that it ends up getting pushed to the side. However, I'm really glad I did get to go shoot. Very pleased with the results and it was a good time!

Exams are next week, plenty of papers due this week, I probably won't be shooting for awhile. So, in the mean time, feel free to admire the rest of my photos over at my flickr.

In a few weeks will be my fall break. Not exactly sure where we are going, but on the list of possible places are Spain, Portugal, England, Amsterdam, and Switzerland. Regardless, any of them will be excellent for photos! Thanks for reading!

-Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment