Monday, September 19, 2011

No Time for Photos!

As the days go on, I'm finding I have less time to take photos that I'd like to. That huge gap of 6 hours I have between classes seemed like so much, now it's just enough... between laundry, reading, and catching up on my homework, photos are having a hard time finding space in the mix.

Today started like a pretty typical day. Alarm rang at 7:45AM, ate breakfast, then went to art history class. Afterwards, we got sandwiches from this little deli right up the street. Two words: too delicious. I got a sandwich with provolone, panchetta, and mortadella. Such a simple yet fantastic combination. I've a new-found love for such simple pleasures. After indulging myself, I eventually headed to photo class.

Our photo teacher just gave us actual pinhole cameras to work with for photo class! I've worked with homemade pinholes in high school photo class, but I've never worked with a real one. For those of you who don't know, a pinhole camera is essentially a camera without a lens. It's simply a box with a tiny tiny hole that the light goes through which will cast an image onto film of the other side of the box. The most basic form of a camera. I'll be out shooting with that soon, so hopefully I'll get some photos up here and maybe I'll even be able upload the film images from the pinhole camera!

Tonight, we went to see an Italian film. At first it was a bit of a pain with the captions and what not, but soon enough, I found that I was watching it like any other film. We also met one of the actresses from the film which was pretty interesting.

Despite how busy I've been, at the end of each day when I decide it's time to write my blog I always think "Well... what did I do today?" Just an interesting point. Probably because so much happens in such a short amount of time, it's hard to recollect every single detail.

Off to bed for now, I'll be back soon with photos!

Ciao!

-Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment