Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Work vs. Play Time

These first two days of the week have been more of an adjustment than anything else. When I arrived here on Thursday, the majority of the day was free time with various orientations or meetings sprinkled throughout the day. That continued until yesterday, the first day of real college classes.

Today was easier than yesterday, in certain ways at least. After my morning English class, I took the bus into town to take care of some things I've been pushing off since day one. I finally managed to get my SIM card for my phone (if only the story ended there... more on that in a little bit), picked up some notebooks, and finally got myself a day planner. The day planner made a world of difference. Everything was a bit overwhelming until I bought the day planner, now I can keep track of all these dates that keep getting thrown in my direction.

Afterwards, I went back to the dorm to activate my phone. Something went wrong with the unlock PIN number for my phone, so I ended up with an expensive paperweight for over an hour while attempting to get an answer out of AT&T. I eventually settled that, finished up some left over reading from yesterday, and went onto Italian class.

Nothing terribly earth-shattering took place today. I was trying to think think of a picture for today's post. After all, this is a photo blog. I didn't have my camera on me today, so I didn't have any nice pictures from town. Rather than the typical town pictures, I thought I'd try something a little different. This is where I spent most of my time today:


Well, tomorrow hopefully I'll have a more interesting blog entry. We are going to visit some sort of historical site in town (the name escapes me at the moment) and in my photo class, we are going to see some historical photography that is at Villa La Pietra. I'm pretty excited for both of these, but I do have to finish up some more reading and write a small prompt for English tomorrow.

On a more exciting note, I'm not posting this at 1:30am this time! Time management is really key. So much truth behind that statement. I even get to sleep in a little tomorrow, although I'll probably end up reading before my trip in the morning. Regardless, I'll be back soon with yet another update.

-Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment